- The term ‘Orkney Boats Limited’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Unit 1, Ford Lane Business park, Arundel, West Sussex, United Kingdom, BN18 0UZ. Our company registration number is 8686209 registered in England & Wales. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Terms & Conditions
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.E&OE
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- All weights, measurements and performance indicators given are approximate. Dimensions and weights do not include engines or accessories, except where otherwise indicated. Drawings and illustrations are not drawn to scale and they may show boats fitted with optional equipment. For specifications and full details of accessories, please refer to our current price list.
- We are constantly seeking ways to improve our products and we therefore reserve the right to change specifications as necessary and without prior notification. This does not affect any quotation given subject to our general terms and conditions.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- All prices include VAT at the current rate. If VAT rates are changed, Orkney Boats Limited will charge at the applicable rate.
- All products and Services supplied to Orkney Boats Standard Terms and Conditions of Business, a copy of which along with details on warranty conditions are available on request.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
USER PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION
2.0 RELEVANT LEGISLATION
Along with our business and internal computer systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
This site’s compliance with the above legislation, all of which are stringent in nature, means that this site is likely compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries and territories as well. If you are unsure about whether this site is compliant with your own country of residences’ specific data protection and user privacy legislation you should contact our data protection officer (details of whom can be found in section 10.0 below) for clarification.
3.0 PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT THIS WEBSITE COLLECTS AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
This website collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
3.1 Site visitation tracking
Like most websites, this site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you but Google do not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third party data processor (see section 6 below).
Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop GA from tracking any part of your visit to pages within this website.
3.2 Contact forms and email links
Should you choose to contact us using the contact form on our Contact us page or an email link, none of the data that you supply will be stored by this website. Instead the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by TLS (sometimes known as SSL) meaning that the email content is encrypted using SHA-2, 256-bit cryptography before being sent across the internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices.
3.3 Email newsletter
If you choose to join our email newsletter, the email address that you submit to us will be forwarded to MailChimp who provide us with email marketing services. We consider MailChimp to be a third party data processor (see section 6 below). The email address that you submit will not be stored within this website’s own database.
Your email address will remain within MailChimp’s database for as long as we continue to use MailChimp’s services for email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that we send you or by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org , marking your email ‘unsubscribe’. When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list. You can also unsubscribe to our mailing list by contacting us directly on +44(0)1243 551456.
If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before joining our email newsletter.
3.4 Information that you may provide to us.
Contact and profile information, including name, email address, postal address (including post code) and telephone number.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information, However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services and information, process your order or answer your enquiry.
3.5 Information Uses
We use your Information to better serve you. Some examples of how we may use your information include to :
- Process your Orders.
- Provide you with Services such as essential safety updates and information regarding your Orkney Boat when necessary.
- Provide, operate and maintain our Services, including for instance (without limitation) providing you with order and billing information.
- Send you information or content you have requested.
If you have elected to unsubscribe from marketing communications we will keep a record of this.
We may share your information with Orkney Dealerships, who are acting as Dealer Representatives and not Agents, who may be better placed to deal with your enquiry.
3.6 Legal and Legitimate basis for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interest and not overridden by your rights, or (iii) with your consent.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance of our legitimate interests, this interest will normally be for us to communicate with you as necessary to provide our services to you and for our legitimate commercial interest, for instance, when responding to your enquiry. We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
3.7 Security and Retention
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures and security features, as well as internal guidelines, designed to safeguard the privacy of your personal information from loss, alteration, unauthorised access or improper use. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and we will continue to enhance our security procedure as new technology becomes available. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, alteration, unauthorised access or improper use of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
Whilst we make every effort to ensure that your information is secure on our system, you should bear in mind that submission of information over the Internet is never entirely secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Only key members of our personnel have access to personal information and they will be aware of the guidelines and the consequences for breaching these guidelines.
3.8 Data Retention
We retain personal information which we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so, for example to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements.
When we have no on going legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will delete it. If this is not possible, then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
3.9 Your rights
You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at anytime. You can exercise this right by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe here’ link in the marketing emails we send you or by emailing email@example.com , marking your email ‘unsubscribe’. When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list. You can also unsubscribe to our mailing list by contacting us directly on +44(0)1243 551456.
You also have the right to rectification of any inaccurate or incomplete data that we may hold. Please notify us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any data we hold about you, to be amended.
4.0 Website Data
If you submit a Contact Us form, Register your Orkney form, Subscribe to Updates form or Email Us form, the data will not be stored on our website.
5.0 About this Website’s Server
This website is hosted by TSOHOST.
Full details of our hosting company’s data centre can be found https://www.tsohost.com/data-centre-and-network
All traffic (transferral of files) between this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
6.0 Our Third Party Data Processors
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation set out in section 2.0
7.0 Data Breaches
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
We encourage you to review the changes carefully. Your continued use of the Service will mean you agree to those changes.
9.0 External Links
The Site may contain links to external websites. We assume no responsibility for the privacy practices or the content of these websites.
10.0 Contact Us
Orkney Boats Limited, Unit 1 Ford Lane Business, Ford Lane, Ford, West Sussex, BN18 0UZ.
Updated 7th May 2018