Terms and Conditions
- The following Terms and Conditions govern your use of the Orkney Boats online spares and accessories store. By visiting the store you accept, and agree to, the content of these Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice and it is your responsibility to check regularly before ordering. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Orkney is a trading name of Orkney Boats Limited registered in England & Wales Company No: 08686209 / VAT No: GB 175541008 at registered office - Unit 1, Ford Lane Business Park, Arundel, West Sussex, BN18 0UZ
Terms of Service
- By placing an order via our website (www.orkneyboats.com), you are offering to purchase a product on and subject to the following terms and conditions. All orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price.
- Dispatch times may vary according to availability and any guarantees or representations made as to delivery times are subject to any delays resulting from postal delays or force majeure for which we will not be responsible. Please see our Delivery information page for further information.
- In order to contract with Orkney Boats Limited you must be over 18 years of age. Orkney Boats retains the right to refuse any request made by you. If your order is accepted we will inform you by email and we will confirm the identity of the party which you have contracted with. When placing an order you undertake that all details you provide to us are true and accurate, that you are an authorised user of the credit or debit card, or bank account used to place your order and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods. The cost of international products and services may fluctuate. All prices advertised are subject to such changes.
- When you place an order, you will receive an acknowledgement e-mail confirming receipt of your order. This email will only be an acknowledgement and will not constitute acceptance of your order. Orkney Boats Limited retains the right to accept or reject this offer before processing the order. A contract between us for the purchase of the goods will not be formed until your payment has been approved by us, the prices have been verified, and the order has been processed and dispatched.
Pricing and Availability
- Whilst we try and ensure that all details, descriptions and prices which appear on this website are accurate, errors may occur. E&OE. If we discover an error in the price of any goods which you have ordered we will inform you of this as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund. Where applicable, prices are inclusive of VAT. Delivery costs will be charged in addition; such additional charges are clearly displayed where applicable and included in the 'Grand Total'.
- The website may contain typographical errors or other errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. We therefore reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice. We reserve the right to refuse to fulfil any orders that you may place based on information on the website that may contain errors or inaccuracies, including, without limitation, errors, inaccuracies or out-of-date information regarding pricing, shipping, payment terms, or return policies.
- All Prices given are in £ Sterling. VAT will be charged at the applicable rate. The current VAT rate in the UK is 20%. If VAT rates are changed then VAT will be charged at the rate which applies at time of invoice.
Fair Purchase Policy
- At Orkney, we buy from our suppliers with an agreement to sell to our private customers. It is not in our business model to sell items in bulk quantities to other retailers or manufacturers. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any orders which we suspect are beyond the requirements for an individual. If you have any questions on this matter, or wish to consult us before making a large purchase, please contact us directly
Product Specifications and Suitability
- Published product details, specifications and suitability information is the best available at the time. Orkney Boats shall not be held responsible for the accuracy of any advice given regarding the suitability (or otherwise) of any part/s required for the repair of an item. If you have ordered an item that has an unsuitable product description we will remedy this by providing you a full refund upon the return of the item. Please see our 'Delivery and Returns' page for more details.
- We encourage you to ensure all spare parts are fitted by a competent person in accordance with manufacturer specifications. Orkney Boats cannot be held liable for any damage caused by the fitting of a spare part.
- Orkney cannot be held responsible if the item is damaged or your warranty is voided during installation
- We shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages or expenses. This includes, but is not limited to, damage to property, lost income, profits, economic or commercial losses and third parties claims.
- We will do our best to get all orders despatched as quickly as possible. We have no liability to you for any delay in the delivery of products ordered. You have the right to cancel delayed orders at any time and get a refund prior to the item being despatched, unless the item is a special order item or made to order item in which case please refer to our cancellation and returns policy.
- This does not affect your statutory rights.
- All Products & Services are supplied under our standard terms and conditions of business. A full copy of our usual terms of business and details on warranty conditions are available upon request. E&OE
- Full details of our Privacy Notice and how we use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order can be found here